"Never Lie" and a ride full of twists
It took me three days to finish reading Never Lie. As I sit here writing this review, I'm still reflecting on the title, and honestly, I don't quite understand why the author chose it. Every lie I came across in this book seemed to work out pretty well for the person telling it.
Anyway, I recommend that you read this book! That's what I'm here forto , either encourage you to pick up a book or save you the trouble. In this case, I'm definitely telling you to read it. You won't regret it.
There was just one thing that bothered me throughout the reading experience, and I'll get to that in a moment.
The story opens with Tricia and Ethan, a seemingly ordinary couple in a typical American setting, visiting a secluded house they might buy. From the very beginning, Tricia keeps glorifying her husband, his looks, his elegance, his blond hair, everything about him. She also mentions how her friends warned her about him, calling him a walking red flag.
I actually liked how the author constantly pushes you to build theories and make assumptions that end up being completely wrong. This was one of those moments. At one point, I became convinced that Ethan had to be hiding something. Tricia praised him so often that it started to feel suspicious. Maybe some of you will feel the same while reading.
Now, back on track, bear with me, I tend to jump from one idea to another.
From day one, Tricia feels that something is wrong with the house. She's deeply uncomfortable, almost to the point where it feels exaggerated. That's probably the only thing that annoyed me: the constant repetition of her uneasiness. Then again, maybe it was intentional. Perhaps the author wanted us to believe something was true simply because it was repeated so often.
Starting around Chapter 14, though, fasten your seatbelt. That's when the turbulence begins. The plot twists come one after another, and they genuinely caught me off guard.
There is one more thing that bothered me while reading: the similarities between Tricia and Dr. Adrienne. I found it quite disturbing how alike they seemed, not only in the way they reacted to situations, but also in the way they expressed themselves and processed events. Considering Dr. Adrienne's profession and background, I honestly expected a different tone from her, perhaps a more analytical or emotionally detached approach. Some of her reactions felt too close to Tricia's, which made me feel like they were speaking the same language and thinking in the same way. It was a little frustrating because I wanted to see a stronger contrast between the two characters.



Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire